This current COVID 19 pandemic has forced many of us to change the way we live and work. We have started to change the work model from office-based to home-based during the lock-down period. Masks become one of the essential things in our daily life. Even elderly is learning how to use computer, Facebook so that they are kept in touch with what is happening in the world. What does this have to do with the investors? As investors, we need to be aware of what is happening and focus the selected investment themes to capitalize on the sectors which are booming. From my personal point of views, the following shall be considered to be included in one’s investment portfolio: –
- China related companies: China is the first country which is able to control the spread of the virus. China domestic demand is holding up quite well. On the macro level, China is the only economy expected to grow this year. Read more here.
- Ecommerce: COVID-19 has accelerated the adoption of technology in our life. Look around you, have you discovered there are more people buying things online than ever before? What are the apps they are using to buy things online, what are the payment gateways?
- Virtual office: During lock-down, businesses have started to adopt virtual meeting. What are the apps being used to conduct meetings? What are the companies which are providing quality virtual meeting services, supporting the storage of companies’ data to enable continuous working environment?
- Entertainment during lock-down: People used to eat out previously but the lock-down has changed how people play and relax. People have turned to online videos and online games. The companies which are producing online videos and games are having huge gain in profits since lock down.
- Social media: Social media has become important since many years back. However, since lock down has started, more people are on social media. During lockdown people have embraced social media to the point whereby an unprecedented rise has been registered in screen time, a 25% increase in engagement on Instagram and TikTok in the past month and a staggering 72% increase on #ad content by influencers.
- Healthcare sector: COVID 19 reveals how poorly prepared healthcare system has impacted a country. Companies which are on the way in developing and successfully develop the vaccine shall gain huge profit. People become more aware on their health and companies which are providing quality nutrition are gaining popularity.
I hope I have given you some useful insights on my personal view on the investment themes based on my research done. You are welcome to seek consultation by texting or emailing me. If you are investing based on this article, please do you due diligence too. This is for your reference only and not the recommendation to buy.
You can receive constant broadcast message relating to wealth creation to financial freedom through Telegram. Click here to subscribe to the telegram for the weekly newsletter.